Monday, January 21, 2008

Don't Just Hork It Down!

So, we watched the movie Ratatouille last week, and Madeline loved it. Despite my great aversion to rodents of most kinds, and rats in particular, I loved the movie too and was inspired to make their version of Ratatouille. Not the usual soggy-vegetable-traditional recipe, but the crisp-tender version of the movie. I happily found just what I was looking for in the way of recipes online at Smitten Kitchen. Click here for her version of Remi's famous dish. And, I'm going to try these suggestions next too!

Of course, Madeline has learned the phrase, "Don't just hork it down!" from Remy... she said it to Grammy just the other night as Grammy was eating some imaginary Spinach Soup.

Remy: I have got to teach you about food. Close your eyes.
[Emile obeys; Remy hands out piece of cheese]
Remy: Now take a bite of this...
[Emile snarfs the cheese]
Remy: No, no, no! Don't just hork it down!
Emile: Too late.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin