Monday, March 3, 2008

Ker-plink!

The best "toys" are simple (and especially fascinating if technically involving potential choking hazards)... got this idea from my mom who put together a similar activity for her Montessori class with paper clips.

I cut a slit in the top of an empty coffee can from Trader Joe's and gave Erik five large buttons to pop through the top. He loved it, and was at it for quite awhile. And, when he got them all in each time, the can made a nice percussion instrument too.

1 comment:

Jen said...

Sounds fun to me too! I have seen a similar activity with the lids from frozen juice concentrate cans (if you are worried about the choking hazard). I don't drink enough juice to collect them but I bet if you put the word out to friends and family you would have plenty in no time:)

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin