Saturday, May 12, 2007

The Mocking Joel (Blackberry Tart)

So, Joel teased me about blogging enough that I'm on to another blog...about things I'm ginning up in the kitchen, or things we're loving (from the grocery or at restaurants). This fabulous Blackberry Tart is from Jamie's Italy by Jamie Oliver (aka The Naked Chef), except that I made it easier by making a graham crust instead of a shortpastry crust... It was delicious. My adapted recipe for Torta di More:

Your favorite graham cracker crumb recipe - bake in 9-inch springform pan

Filling: 1 Tbs. vanilla paste (from Trader Joes), 18 oz. marscapone cheese (also at TJ's), 1/2 c. half & half, 3 Tbs. sugar, 3 Tbs. grappa or pear brandy

Whip the filling together with stand or hand mixer, until smooth & shiny. Spread over the cooled crust, then top with 3 cups fresh berries (pre-tossed in about 1/2 c. sugar).

(By the way, while he does tease me mercilessly about my blogging, Joel did make me the lovely header for this blog.)

1 comment:

jkluginbill said...

Well fantastic. One can not have enough blogs! Look forward to some yummy foods. :)

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin